Key Lime Pie
A roaring success whenever she makes it and with only our health in
mind, Edel presents her fine scurvy-preventing pudding.
- Serves 10
- Equipment required
- Several bowls and a pyrex lasagne dish or similar
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g butter or margarine, melted
- 405g can condensed milk
- Finely grated zest and juice of 5 large limes
- 300ml carton double cream
To decorate (optional):
- Lime zest
- 85g half fat créme fraiche
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter or margarine in a bowl.
- Press the crumbs into the base and up the sides of the dish.
- Whisk together the condensed milk and cream, then add the lime juice
- Pour over biscuit base and chill for 1 - 2 hours.
- Slice and serve with the lime zest and créme fraiche.