Banana Oat Bites
These oat bites provide a lighter dessert experience than usual for LCV. Fruit and oats too - they're practically health food!
- 12 - 16 (Enough for maybe 8 volunteers if they are not too hungry)
- Equipment required
- Several bowls and a springform baking tin
- 70g porridge oats
- 40g oatbran
- 110g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g sultanas
- 2 egg whites
- 225g mashed bananas
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed bananas, milk, egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Combine the contents of both bowls and beat together.
- Lightly grease and line an 8.5 inch baking tin.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon when cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.